7 Tips to Shed Weight Fast During the Holidays
I cherish this time of year; Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite holidays. The warmth of the energy that fills the air of giving, gratitude and unselfishness is inspiring! I relish the time spent with my precious family, I adore my loving husband, children, extended family, and friends. My heart is overflowing with thankfulness for all I am blessed with.
I cherish quality time spent with my family as we give thanks for the infinite abundance and happiness Heavenly Father has blessed us with. I thoroughly enjoy and savor the delicious feasts at our family parties; it fills my heart and soul with pure joy and delight. It's a glorious day in every way!
7 Tips to Shed Weight Fast
As you enjoy get together's this holiday season, be ready mentally as you go to eat delicious meals and deserts. Plan to take small portions and know that tomorrow is a “new beginning” for your fitness goals and ideal weight goals, you can easily get back on track the following day. Remember, you can regroup and eat clean again after a large meal, remind yourself that it was just one heavy meal and that you can eat clean from there on out.
As promised, below are tips to help you shed weight quickly. These tips are my "go-to" action plan to shed water weight and fat quickly after I overindulged during the holidays. They'll work for you too if you follow through with your commitment to do so.
- Morning Detox Drink. Start your morning off with detoxifying your body, ( I do this every morning). Warm 8 oz of purified water; add a teaspoon of honey, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (Bragg's is what I use), a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and a dash of cinnamon. This handy detox drink will help you detox and get your body become pH balanced to shed fat faster and aid in boosting your metabolism.
- Skip Breakfast. Intermediate fasting is an excellent way to boost your metabolism and shed weight quickly. The next few days after a festive meal, practice intermediate fasting, eat breakfast after 11:00 am, and then eat your next meal 4 hours later. This will give your body time to digest and detox from overeating the day before.
- Set new goals and affirmations: Set goals and affirmations to get you back on track with your ideal body weight goals. Be specific and write down exactly how much you want to weigh and by when. Write down a date and put a smiley face after it to have a feel good energy that you will achieve your ideal body weight.
- Visualize Your Ideal Body: Visualize your physique as you wish it to be, see your body in detail how you want it to be. Use a visual aid and post a picture of a physique you admire. Then see yourself having the same physique.
- Exercise! Exercise first think in the morning on an empty stomach. Doing so will increase Human Growth hormone (HGH) in your body, as well as will burn fat stores for energy. Plan on exercising 4 to 6 days a week: make exercise a high priority! Aim to exercise at least 30 to 60 minutes several times a week. Schedule your workouts, put them in your itinerary and then follow through just as you would with an important meeting.
- Eat Often. Eat a small meal every 3 to 4 hours: eat often to keep your metabolism in high gear and shed fat easier. Eat clean by eating lean protein, a complex carbohydrate, such as sweet potatoes or brown rice, and clean fat such as olive oil or flaxseed oil (at lunch), and lots of fresh veggies and salads.
- Drink up! Remember the importance of drinking purified water, aim to drink at least 80 oz of purified water daily. Water flushes out toxins and keeps your body well hydrated, which will energize your sluggish body after eating a big feast. If you have Liv Sxinney, drink two packets for the next few days to aid in shedding fat, (it will detox your cells, which will release fat stores easier.)
May this holiday season be filled with joy and happiness--without weight gain.
About the Author
Carol Whitaker, renowned Author, Motivational Speaker, and Happiness Expert, is one of the highest respected and sought-after experts on happiness, confidence, motivation, and personal empowerment. Her groundbreaking book Ridiculously Happy! The Secret to Manifesting the Life & Body of Your Dreams has enriched peoples’ lives across the globe. For nearly two decades Carol has been an in demand holistic Lifestyle Fitness Coach and Life Coach and is well-known for the amazing transformations she creates in her clients’ lives. Carol is a celebrated speaker and media expert; she is renowned for delivering high energy presentations and interviews, which inspire people to harness their innate power within to live extraordinary lives. Her stimulating, heartfelt messages come from firsthand experience of how she overcame chronic ill health to thrive abundantly by implementing her proven strategies and fundamental principles. Carol is an ongoing featured expert on national media and online. Carol is happily married mother of three. Connect with Carol on Facebook and by following her on Twitter. Visit CarolWhitaker.com to learn more about her services and to receive free tips and tools to live a ridiculously happy, healthy, and fulfilling life.