Skip to main content

Yummy Stovetop Popcorn: Made with Coconut Oil

        
Yummy Stovetop Popcorn: 
Made with Coconut Oil

The other day I was chatting with my sister while visiting with her in her home, the topic of popcorn came up and she shared with me how she makes her popcorn on the stove, in a pan. I’ve always made air popped popcorn and was intrigued with making delicious popcorn on the stove. She said it tastes a lot like movie popcorn. I could hardly wait to try it!

When eating a low carb diet, it’s good to carb load at least once a week to restore the glycogen stores in muscles to create fuller, leaner, stronger muscles when working out. So, my go-to carbohydrate treat is popcorn. (I have a protein drink before I have carbs to help keep my blood sugar balanced.) I steer clear of unhealthy microwaved popcorn and opt for healthy air-popped popcorn.
I grew up with eating popcorn with my family and have fond memories of my dad and I eating popcorn while watching a football game or just sitting around chatting with our family. And I still do that today, I love to make popcorn and then cuddle with my hubby and children while we snack on it watching a movie or our favorite TV show.

So, needless to say, when I got home I told my cute kids about how their aunt makes popcorn, and we gave it a go! Well, I pleased to say, it was DELICIOUS!!! We made it with healthy coconut oil and sea salt, it really did taste a lot like movie popcorn, it had the consistency of movie popcorn.


After the first batch we made another batch, but this time my son asked to make kettle corn, so we added a packet (use two or three packets if you like it really sweet) to the coconut oil and sea salt, and boy oh boy, was it a delicious treat! My kids loved it! And our home smelled heavenly! Not only was it delicious, but it was fun to make and it only took a few minutes from start to finish.


And, making popcorn in a pan is very easy and entertaining! We had a ball and enjoyed eating our bowls of popcorn together. But… I have to say, popcorn popped in a pan drenched in oil was a bit too heavy for my liking, and although it was delicious it was much like eating buttery popcorn at a movie theater, which I don’t eat.

So I’ll continue to pop my popcorn in an air popper, in addition to making my kids popcorn in a pan—their new favorite—then I’ll mix a bit of their yummy stovetop-popped popcorn with my plain air popped popcorn for a perfect mix.


If you would like to make a fun snack to share with your family for family night, I highly recommend pan popped popcorn.





Yummy Stovetop Popcorn

Ingredients:

·         1/3 cup high-quality popcorn kernels – *I use non-GMO Jolly Time Popcorn (in the bottle) I tried the bag variety, and it was not good!)
·         ¼ tsp sea salt (salt to taste)
·         2 to 3 Tbsp coconut oil (organic)
·         2 pats organic butter (optional)
·         1 to 3 packets of Truvia or 1 tsp organic sugar (optional)

Method:

1.   Heat coconut oil, salt, and Truvia (for kettle corn) in a 3-quart saucepan or in a large pan, with a lid on medium high heat.
2.   Pour 1/3 cup popcorn kernels in the bottom of a pan and spread evenly and put the lid on. As it heats up steam will come out of the pan lid giving off a delicious fragrance of freshly popped popcorn.  
3.   As popcorn kernels start to pop, shake the pan gently back and forth a bit with the handle to rotate the popcorn kernels.
4.   Then the fun begins and the kernels will begin to pop quickly, when the popping slows down, turn the stove off and quickly pour into a large bowl. It happens quickly, if you keep it on too long, it can burn.

That’s it! Enjoy! :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE POWER OF AFFIRMATIONS

THE POWER OFAFFIRMATIONS "You must intensify and render continuous by repeatedly presenting with suggestive ideas and mental pictures of the feast of good things, and the flowing fountain , which awaits the successful achievement or attainment of the desires ." ~R obert Collier The power of the mind is endless.  When you feel an awakening for something more, embrace it and use mind power to transform your life as well as your body. Using powerful affirmations can literally shift your level of consciousness to that of believing in what you wish for will surely come true.

POWERFUL FITNESS AFFIRMATION

POWERFUL AFFIRMATIONS to Create the Body & Life of Your Dreams "I f you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it." - William Arthur Ward ~ DESIRE FOR CHANGE ~ Who doesn’t want to feel healthier?   I don’t know a single person who doesn’t want to improve their health and well being.   20 years ago I was one of the millions that desperately wanted to be healthier and fit.   I would read fitness magazines often and dream that my physique was as strong, lean & ripped just like the fitness models I read about.   It wasn’t until I became sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time that I decided to take control of my life.    I studied all I could about exercise, diet, supplementation and the power of the mind.   I soon came to realize that by controlling my thoughts and feelings I could literally achieve my fitness goals and dreams easier and with less effort.   By implementing all whic

THE ART OF VISUALIZING YOUR DREAM BODY

THE ART OF VISUALIZING YOUR DREAM BODY "Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil." ~James Allen It’s empowering to know that we can literally alter our life experiences & physique by tapping into the power of your mind.  By having thoughts and feelings that are positive, the mind will be able to create the world of your dreams in great detail. Your thoughts are like a magnet, a simple thought will have a weak magnetic power just like a small magnet does. A powerful emotion such as joy or fear will have a much greater magnetic pull, thus it will magnetize more of what you are feeling into your life. Our thoughts are magnetic on every level, that is why “like always attracts like”, it’s a universal law—the Law of Attraction. Being mindful of your thoughts through the power of prayer, visualization, mediation, goal set